Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Thing 22

SJPL eBooks and Audio eBooks

Either you love it or hate it. I love the fact that ebooks can be available to our library users 24/7. I just hate reading text online. I get users who are turned off by this resource and those who are grateful it exists. I believe that one of the biggest hits to ebooks has been the Audio ebooks. I have had the opportunity to talk to people who love this resource. In fact, just last week I got a phone call from a gentleman who was having a slow connection downloading his audio ebook. He told me that he downloads them for his wife on her ipod. Isn't that something? He told me he's 70 years old! I'm just impressed with the people who love the technology.
In fact, I've become inspired to get myself an mp3 player, ipod, whatever, just to keep up with many of the folks that are using this.

No comments: