Sunday, April 1, 2007

Thing 15

Library 2.0

Web 2.0 isn't anything new. Many of us library employees have been exposed to its technologies in our homes and sometimes at work. Library 2.0, however, is something new for us library workers who are exploring ways that Web 2.0 fits in the library. Library 2.0 works for the individual embracing many of its components on a day to day basis. Yet, some of us are struggling with its uses for the library as a whole. I've seen library owned blogs use the tool for sharing information to the web world, but my question to this is: "Who is inputting the information?" One worker, several workers? What happens if Super Librarian 2.0 gets another job? Will someone be willing to take over?

I believe that Library 2.0 stands its ground for libraries who use it daily and collaboratively. I see Library 2.0 as an accessory to library services. Who knows. I could be wrong.

No comments: